The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1641 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
A tightly woven sci-fi story with atmosphere that shows even in the future love and hope endures. Loss is only temporary, but even on distant planets in future times we still must wait. All is different, but all is still the same. I liked, too, how the MC's son hadn't yet mentioned to his mom about the application to work on earth : ) Yep, some things never change. Really enjoyed this!
04/24/09
Great story and it left me wanting to read more. I will be first in line to buy the novel when you write it.
04/28/09
Sci-fi is SO hard to do in 750 words, but you nailed it!
You managed with your creative words to make sci-fi seem very, very real. Good job.
04/29/09
Great story...very tender. Well done!
04/29/09
Beautifully written, with so many hints about a larger story. I agree... this should be part of a novel!
I don't normally enjoy sci-fiction but I really enjoyed this. Well done.
04/30/09
Nice take on this topic! Very original approach. Good characters that I could relate to...likable and believable. Not easy to do with sci-fi. Very nice stretch for you and your writing!Loved your imagery!