The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2906 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
03/12/09
What a wonderful story. We need to pray that this man will be able to continue to be an instrument of godly change once he take over the reins of power.
03/12/09
Looking in Nyondo's biography, I find it sad that he had such a negative attitude to inter-racial harmony and to Christian missionaries, something that was further exacerbated by what happened to him in South Africa. In my experience Malawi is a warm and welcoming country and the people wonderfully friendly.
By the way Nyondo is merely one of several candidates for the Presidential elections in May at which he is standing as an independent candidate. It will be interesting to see how he does.
03/14/09
Engaging, fascinating story. Love the wife's character especially.
May God use more servants of the nation as they follow His leading.Interesting biography.
03/19/09
What an interesting story! Thanks so much for sharing this. Congratulations!
03/19/09
Thanks to all who commented. I know this couple. Brenda was pregnant with her son at the same time I was pregnant with the twins. We would swap notes at church before she and James moved back to Malawi. The white pastor referred to in the story is Pastor Theo, the pastor of our church. He moved from South Africa to San Antonio six years ago. James followed him so he could come to university here in the USA. He is a wonderful Godly young man who really does present himself in a regal manner. I am so proud of him and happy that our church can be a part of his country's history.