The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1537 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
03/12/09
Part of me thinks I need to beat along on my son's goatskin drum as I read this poem. Wonderful choice of words. And I like the way you bring in a message of hope to contrast with the darkness of paganism
03/13/09
Perfect rhythm to this piece, and such a message. Excellent
03/17/09
Certainly very creative. You can't read this without feeling the beat of the drums. Successful.
Mona
03/17/09
I could feel the rythm in this.
03/17/09
There is a cry in every man's heart to know the one true God, even if they don't admit it. You have captured that here. Thanks for sharing!
03/18/09
I could just about feel the reverberations of the drums there as I read along. Love the alliteration too. GREAT writing, and a fabulous message of hope yet a stern rhythmic reminder of the need to communicate such hope.
03/18/09
I could hear the drumbeats, too, and I could see their movements. Awesome work - as always.
You have such a depth of expression and understanding that it always leaves me reading in awe and pleasure. I like the way you are able to view the world and bring it life in your words.
This was very fun to read out loud. Impressive, entertaining and educational.
I really like the rhythm and subtle rhymes sprinkled throughout. I'm left saddened yet hopeful that they continue to cry out to a God they do not yet know - the hope being in the word "yet".
03/20/09
Wonderfully crafted. Loved the God-light shining at the end, such great contrast.
Verna, what a wonderfully authentic sounding and feeling free verse poem capturing the heartbeat of this primitive culture! Delightful and fascinating--You're such a skillful, master word artist! Your work is always a special treat!!