The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1554 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
03/01/09
Fun and clever!! LOVED the movie (and I coulda been one of those California girls!). What a fun "tour" of Austria.
03/02/09
It's so refreshing to read a story with a light touch, and this is utterly delightful. Poor fellow...and thanks for putting those wonderful songs in my head...

Really fun story!
03/02/09
That last line is priceless...
This was a fantastic, lighthearted piece of writing. Loved it.
03/02/09
As usual, I love your comedic entries...this was delightful. I went on the exact tour about ten years ago, minus Klaus...actually it was a self-guided tour and we were yelled at when we went to the Leopoldskron Castle to see the front of the house and to see the lake (I think it's a school now...maybe always was), we were tresspassing. Everything Klaus said, we discovered, except for the cemetary, which left me puzzled as to why it looked different than the movie...until now. :)
Even though I am not a huge Sound of Music fan, I definitely am a fan of this piece of writing!

I liked the dialect in this and how it shows the ignorance of foreigners. LOL. Good job!
03/05/09
The Glass House is gone? That was a little too much reality... I may never recover.
But it was a very funny tour that I enjoyed completely. Thanks for your wonderful writing.