The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1830 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
12/12/08
I love the POV in this story from the perspective a .....snowflake? How creative and fresh. Great story.
12/12/08
lovely and creative. Such rich, beautiful descriptions!
12/13/08
“You may not become the cusp of the biggest snowball, or the cornerstone of the strongest snow fort. You might not be the first to signal the coming of winter, or freeze into perpetuity in the still waters of a waiting stream. But, you’ll be exactly what you were meant to be just as you are. You will do what you were designed to do-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o …”
This was my favorite part of the whole story. It is packed with a powerful message we can all benefit from.
THe rest of the story is incredibly good too.
12/13/08
Wonderful creativity with a message and tone that would enthrall adult and child alike.
While it is true that Bethlehem does occasionally experience snow in Dec/Jan, the Great Census that brought Mary and Joseph from Galilee took place in May to September and it's highly unlikely that Jesus really was born on 25 Dec.
12/18/08
Fascinating and creative point of view on the birth of Jesus.
This is just lovely, Lynda! I can just picture the illustrations for the childrens' book. I can also tell you're missing the snow. :) Congratulations!
Congratulations on your EC. What a lovely unique story. I agree that Jesus wasn't born in winter, but since snowflakes don't tell stories, other liberties are also acceptable in creative fiction. So refreshing.
12/19/08
Lynda, congratulations on placing. Your story spoke volumes to my heart this week. I'm glad it did so well.
Oh this is lovely! I love children's stories and this could entertain and inspire both children and adults. I love your beautiful descriptions and how you brought an unlikely character, a snowflake, to life and gavce it such depth. What a great piece! Thank you for allowing the Lord to write through you hon. Amazing! Please seriously consider elaborating on this and eventually make this into a children's story for eitehr a magiazine or a children's book. It would do well I relaly believe!!!God bless and Merry Christmas, from a "flake",:0)hehe-grin-Janice
12/19/08
Beautifully done. That's all I can say. Excellent work!
01/08/09
Lynda, this spoke to me quietly and yet profoundly this morning as I was questioning my worth today. This is a beautiful piece of writing--it's creative, descriptive, and packed with a big message. Thank you and congrats on your deserved win.
Thank you for helping us "Little Snowflakes" to see we all have a place in this Life.
I have soo much to learn...'I think I can... I thought I could... I knew I would...Phil 4:13
God Bless You and your Family
Melody