The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1967 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/23/08
This is sweet, tender, heartfelt. I could see your characters. I felt sad and happy at the same time. Excellent piece!
Awww! What a sweet and tender story. I loved it! So glad Caleb made I love you his first words!
10/24/08
Wonderful story.
10/26/08
Oh, lovely. Just a sweet story with realistic characters and emotions.
Very well done, moving, heartfelt. Her unconditional love for the boy is inspiring.
What a sweet, touching story! I love it. Thanks!
Your story is beautiful with love.
This is so sweet! I have tears in my eyes. Bless you.
10/28/08
You've captured this little boy wonderfully in this heart-warming tale. It makes the "grandma" in me want to hug him too. Your ending and metaphor, "unfurled", are very good!
You did a wonderful job capturing Caleb's fear at allowing himself to hope, to love. What a tender, heartwarming story. I'm glad she was able to break through. I'm thrilled his first words were of love. Great job!
10/29/08
Okay, let me get my kleenex...
breathe in, and out. Better. Now, this was great.
You portrayed beautifully how love and trust break through a broken heart.
Awesome job!!
This is so sweet. You made me care about Caleb. Well done.
Aww Laury, that was beautiful. I wanted to wrap my arms around Caleb.
Aww Laury, why do you have to get me all teary-eyed before work this morning? :) Very sweet story. My heart really went out to little Caleb, and Miss Patty is a very sweet woman. Good characterizations in this one.
Hey wow, fantastic girl! So happy for you. I definitely thought you deserved this one!
10/30/08
Oh, wow!! What a story, Laury! The characters simply sparkled. Wonderful job--I love it!! And congratulations! I'm so happy for you! Huggles!
Oh, Laury, what a beautiful, tender story that brought tears to my eyes. A wonderful story of how love breaks through the toughest of barriers. Great title and excellent writing.
...and many congrats on your "highly commended" rating in Masters and your EC placement! WooHoo!
10/30/08
Incredible story... had me breathless at the end. Thanks and congrats.
***Congrats!*** ^_^ Glad I had a moment to read this, so sad, but good at the same time, I'm glad that Caleb spoke in the end. So sweet! Way ta go, sista! ^_^
10/30/08
Laury-- I'm pleased to see your lovely story with an HC and an EC! Congrats girl!
11/03/08
Touching and heart warming, with great attention to the little details too. Well done.