The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1745 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/19/08
This is very good. Don't know why people aren't commenting. I love the form. Very clever. I love the metaphor. Wonderful.
10/19/08
Wow!!! Excellent! I tried to get this effect, but couldn't quite get it to come out right. Well done!
10/19/08
This was wonderful. I can't imagine how long it took to format this! I loved the metaphor...a creative take on the topic. Well done!
10/20/08
Wow. This is beautiful to look at--and the writing is quite nice, too. :) Great job with the topic.
10/20/08
Love the beginning words as the tree/your poem "sprouts." The shape is perfect and the message is even better. The only part that seems out of place with the otherwise reverent, yet simple tone is the Charlie Brown Christmas tree reference. Charlie Brown's tree has become a cliche. It jabbed an image of a cartoon into my brain that just didn't work with the beautiful flow. Otherwise, your poem is beautiful! : )
10/21/08
Beautifully written, beautifully illustrated. I love how it builds to a glorious climax, the resurrection of our Lord. Well done.
10/21/08
Absolutely lovely, Sharlyn. I love the imagery, and of course, I love the reference :)
Beautifully presented and written. Very clever.
Blessings,
Norms
10/22/08
You must be an artist as well as a writer. :) I love your tree form. What a perfect analogy.. With the Charlie Brown tree. Your words are excellent… "fractured and shattered." You've written a wonderful Christmas Tree entry from Isaiah's root out of dry ground. This is so creative and well-done.
10/23/08
Congratulations on your EC. I'm so glad to see this place, it is absolutely beautiful.
Sharlyn, this is just beautiful! Congratulations on your EC placement with this wonderful concrete poem. It really took patience and an artistic eye to make this 'poetree' so lovely. It's a WOW!