The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1315 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I loved this delightful story, partly because I like well written stories and partly because the ending is just right.
Excellent writing skills... Great plot.... I really enjoyed this.
Hooray! What a wonderful Christmas present. This is fun to read. I love the pink ruffles. Very well written and I love the humor throughout. Great job!
10/13/08
Love the wry and sarcastic voice of your main character!
10/13/08
I suspect there are a number of people who could relate to this woman's plight--and who would very much appreciate her voice. Your MC is a crack-up.
You got a lot of story in the word count! I felt like I knew Carolyn by the end. I kept wondering what was "pink with ruffles", and was delighted by the ending. Super!
Knowing the community here, I was almost certain the main character would pull out of her slump. I was glad I wasn't disappointed! :)
10/14/08
Great story...absolutely LOVED the last line!
Well crafted, with just the right touches of humor. Kudos.
The sarcasm in this piece was great. Definitely my kind of humor.

I agree with everyone else that the ending was a good fit. However, being the pessimist that I am regarding relationships (and being one that is still single and "hoping" this Christmas), I guess I was picturing a different conclusion. Oh well. I'm just being scrooge so don't mind me, because this was a great story. I really enjoyed the writing style you used. :)
10/14/08
I really enjoyed this.
10/14/08
From laughter to tears... (happy of course!) I really liked this!