The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1542 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
07/17/08
Fuller Brush man or Watkins? Delightful!
07/17/08
I felt like I knew these two old ladies, and I liked them a lot! You have a great imagination.
I fell in love with Etta and her wonderful made-up stories. I even loved "unlovable" Lorene. Excellent characterization and humor in this piece.
ROFL! This is hilarious! I am still chuckling, I loved the way this story was just going, this is definitely top notch for creativity and I loved the ending best of all. Great job! ^_^
What an uplifting story. I enjoyed it so much!
07/19/08
This had to have been an absolute HOOT to write. I LOVED reading it! Just a joy to read, and I don't think I stopped laughing the whole time.
07/19/08
Too cute. I know more than a few ladies who would do something like that. It's such fun to listen to them.

My granddad would tell stories like that on purpose.

07/20/08
This was HILARIOUS! Loved it!
07/21/08
Hmmm, seems Wade was selling more than brushes, or Etta was, one of the two. This is just hillarious. I really enjoyed it.
07/21/08
Very fun to read--I could picture your fingers having a hard time keeping up with your brain as this story came tumbling out. Great job with the topic.
As hard as I laughed reading this, I can only imagine how you must have laughed writing it. Very, very funny material! Kudos!
This just got betterer and betterer the more I read! Masterful job.
07/21/08
Very entertaining. I worry some say that I will be like this - mixing up fact and fiction and not quite having a handle on reality!
07/21/08
Oh my...these old ladies are a hoot! I thought I recognized Gilligan's Island when she told about the coconut radio-lol! Very funny take on the topic. (:
07/21/08
You have a great imagination, and a great way of bringing it out. I thought to myself, "Well, they always say, 'truth is stranger than fiction'." Then I got to wondering, this sounds like fiction sprinkled with fact--or fact, mingled with fiction...Guess it was both!...Helen
07/23/08
Very funny. It offered a good laugh to wake up this morning! Thanks!
07/23/08
A memory that plays tricks on you? Oh no! And I think I have one of those.This could be me in a few years!
No one can spin a yarn like you : ) Their conversation was reminiescent of dialogue one might hear from "Steel Magnolias" A delightful entry!
07/23/08
**smile ** My husband says that I add to my memories too. I say it's poetic liberty.
07/24/08
What a hoot! I was sorry to get to the end of this bit of fun. Great storytelling with lots of laughs.
What a great imagination you have. Even though the story was a bit far fetched, I could picture it happening. In fact, I think I'm going to find me a nice woman that is heir to a massive toothpaste fortune. Not because I want the money. I just want to stay cavity free for free. :)

Betty you have such a vivid and wonderful imagination. I loved this story. Well done my friend.