The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1257 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/22/08
LOVE the double meaning of the title - PERFECT for this piece. Great descriptions, especially from the dog's POV. Love the verse, which gives this piece so much more depth than it has at first read. Lovely.
05/24/08
A compelling read and the verse at the end is a wonderful conclusion.
05/24/08
Good analogy of being tempted away from God's Kingdom to venture to the other side of the fence, complete with the assurance of our destruction.
05/25/08
Wow! I love how you tied in the verse to this story. Wow! Love it.
Laury
This is a great story to illustrate your Bible verse. Excellently done.
05/26/08
Great tension. I’m glad the prodigal found his way back home.
Oh man.. was so scared this was going to have a sad ending! You pulled me in and kept me until the last word! It felt WAY too real.
05/27/08
Suspenseful, heart-breaking, and masterfully written. Wow.
I loved the verse at the end. After reading it, the story took on a whole new meaning. This was wonderfully written. I appreciate you sharing it with all of us. :)
Your format worked well for me. Loved Rusty's voice. Dialog was successful as well. Glad for the happy ending.
05/29/08
Great look inside a doggy head. Well done.