The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1223 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/22/08
Enjoyed this very much. I love the realization of what a gift Happy was to the family. Lovely.
05/23/08
Good thoughts and reminders here. I liked your opening pragraph too!
05/23/08
Great message for us all to be thankful for the positive things. Nice detailing, natural dialogue. Well done!
05/24/08
Great example of our need to focus on the positive, not the negative.
05/25/08
I would say this entry was perfectly right on topic. Great writing:)
Laury
Excellent story to show how the Lord opens our eyes when we pray and changes our perspective.
05/26/08
I thought that Happy’s protectiveness gave your piece a charming and affirming climax. I’m a dog lover (and decidedly not a cat fan) so I can easily identify with the positive emotions expressed here.
I found it kind of amusing that Happy warned Kate so that she could avoid passing solicitors. I find it funny because in the UK a solicitor is a lawyer and for a moment or two I was wondering why she was hiding from the authorities!
What a fun read with lots of food for thought. Since I'm one of those Moms who do the feeding, etc. for the poodle that was purchased as a companion for my daughter, I could relate. But isn't it wonderful how the Lord grants us new eyes to view situations when we ask? I really like this story. There's alot going on beneath this story with a "Happy" ending.
05/27/08
Love this, and it made me feel happy, happy at the end. When we can take lessons from our youth and apply them in our adulthood, it is a blessing. You managed to show an incredible moral lesson while staying perfectly on topic. Well done.
Congratulations on taking 10th place in your level with this piece, Kristen!
And you placed 17th overall. Awesome!