The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2184 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/24/08
I like how you developed the character using expressed words and actual thoughts.
(This is so creative. How come I didn't come up with something this creative.)
Love the dry, smart humor.
(Better go look up "denouement ". The plot's supposed to build to a climax?)
:-D
(I hope this person doesn't think I'm lame.)
01/25/08
I'm not going to say that this was brilliant, because I don't want it to go to your head and cause you to return to your former state of insufferableness. (But it is very good!)
01/25/08
One of the funniest things I've ever read, here on FW, or anywhere! Bravo, bravo, bravo!
Very cute! Nice job of building your plot to a climax. :-)
01/26/08
Oh, I think you've connected with more than a few of us here!
Brilliantly done (and I think you should enjoy the compliments)!
Oh, this is just perfect! Too funny. Love the MC's slow realization.
01/28/08
Gee, it's like you've been around a lot of writers or something. How'd you know all this? Love the progression from false humility to real humility and knowledge.
01/28/08
Yes the progression of your MC was very well done. I was a lil confused at first, but quickly caught on (old age:))
Very entertaining. God bless.
LOL. This was creative, cute, and fun. Nicely done.
01/28/08
I was cracking up while reading this. My kids were gathered around my laptop trying to see what was so funny. They think I'm crazy now. I love, love, love the creativity of this. I don’t even know what denouement means; Is that really a word?
Snicker. Giggle. Guffaw! This is so true it hurts. Well done.
01/28/08
"The writer vehemently denies any personal experience with aforementioned thoughts." ROFL This was incredible! Ummmm, can kinda relate to this! Seriously, good job!
01/29/08
This is very, very funny. You couldn't possibly be talking about all of us, could you? You really nailed this proverb. Excellent.
01/29/08
Loved it! Perfect example for this topic, too. :-) Now, off to grab my dictionary. LoL. (sad, but true.) :-)
01/29/08
Bravo! This one is so perfectly telling. I loved it!
LOL what a crack-up! I loved the title.

Don't know about anyone else, but there were a few "Ouch! touche" spots. :)

01/29/08
Can we make this a sticky? :) Love it!
Wow this is so neat! Lord sometimes it is hard to be humble, and harder to be humbled.
01/30/08
LOVE it (where's the little guy rofl smilie when you need him!) This is so great!
ROFL! Okay, I agree with the sticky. This is really, really good...did you borrow any words when I was talking in my sleep?!
01/30/08
Well ... all I've got to say is ... "IT TAKES ONE TO KNOW ONE!" and I haven't a clue what you're trying to say in this peice. PM me sometime if you'd like some help. (chuckle, chuckle, snort, snort)
01/30/08
This article is so different and fun to read. Great style and message. Right on topic. Keep writing for Him!
01/30/08
This entry was set out like liturgy- where the congregation says the words in bold together. I could just imagine the Faithwriters reciting it in unison. Me included.
You've got a winner here, and each comment bares witness. Thanks for sharing this thought provoking, fun, read.
Note for future readers:

Denouement (French) n 1: the outcome of a complex sequence of events 2: the final resolution of the main complication of a literary or dramatic work.

(Hehehe)
01/30/08
Perfect application of the topic and so very funny. Brilliant, actually.
Great piece. I wrote with the same idea--but not as brilliantly.
Well I had not read this yet. It was a unique way of writing and I enjoyed it. I like how you used bold with this too. Very clever. Could definitely learn from you!
This is so unique and really funny. Bravo my friend!
05/17/09
Hilarious. Sally, I really enjoyed this piece. It's even funnier because I just came home from a local writers' conference where I met several people who could have written the beginning of this piece. :-)
This is great! Thanks for posting the link. I guess I need to do some archive digging.