The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1322 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
12/13/07
What a wonderful picture of the Bride of Christ on mission as she waits for her Lord. Well done.
12/15/07
Lovely analogy, with some wonderful descriptions. Beautiful.
This brought tears to my eyes and joy to my heart. Absolutely beautfiul!
Very well written. I like the properties you assigned to each fruit. Love the message. Kudos.
12/19/07
Beautiful allegory!

I almost think the title, although very clever, is too pun-ny for such a lyrical piece.

I love the tender voice of this story.
12/19/07
Oh, the last sentence is terrific! Uplifting story.
I really enjoyed the way your allegory identified spiritual gifts as actual fruit, and I like the emphasis of this piece on the church's mission to use the gifts it has been given.
What a beautiful depiction. The Groom has indeed given us all we need until He returns. I love the ending. Wonderfully anointed writing, Bill!
12/19/07
Good dialogue!
RED PEN: I'm partial to good descriptive settings. You have a little, but a bit more would help, especially at the beginning.

I like the ending.
12/19/07
Wow. You've given me goosebumps from this metaphor-rich text.

My only suggestion: perhaps a collection of loveletters/Bible could be incorporated. Wrapping?

Wonderful, uplifting story. I loved it!
12/19/07
Wow. You've given me goosebumps from this metaphor-rich text.

My only suggestion: perhaps a collection of loveletters/Bible could be incorporated. Wrapping?

Wonderful, uplifting story. I loved it!
I was smiling all the way through this. I had to laugh at the Bride's wonder of the fruits. This was so real, I liked the fairy-tale quality of it. The ending was the best where she took the tray and said "I think I shall go share my gifts". ^_^ Excellent job!
12/19/07
Very much an original take on the topic, and your voice is so kind and touching. Wonderful writing.