The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1559 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
12/07/07
Very vivid and engaging description of what it must have been like at that time. You definitely kept my interest.
12/08/07
This is masterfully written. I love the way you weaved in and out of the two scenes and the descriptions intertwined. I felt like I was watching a movie. Goosebumps at the end.
12/08/07
I could really feel the intensity of the story in the dialogue and descriptions. Could almost hear the music swelling in the background as Saul got closer. Great story!
12/09/07
Very nice job. Well written and communicated. The Pharisee being Saul, was a creative touch. God bless.
12/09/07
Goose bumps! This was really good! I like the quick scene changes; they really kept this moving at a brisk pace.
A very well told, fast paced story--easy to believe it could have happened just this way.
You had my FULL attention at this line:

“This is a difficult time, but the Lord is in control. Although this situation seems beyond our comprehension, He has permitted it for a reason.”

Great, stimulating writing!

I could see this as a movie! The pace and action is great, it keeps moving along, I love the character of Rachel. Great writing.
12/12/07
Wow! Talk about bringing the scripure to life. You built this "behind the scenes" story with such terrific imagery, tension, resolve, and Biblical and historical accuracy that I read it spellbound. Wonderful creativity. Can you tell I loved it?
12/12/07
Wow! Can you imagine if this story was fast-forwarded to modern times--now? Where would 'the church' meet? Can you hear the soldiers and humvees and tanks? Masterful film-style writing, from start to finish.
12/12/07
I liked the scene changes, masterfully done in a way that I didn't lose track of the story. I also loved how you incorporated Saul - goosebumps indeed!
12/12/07
I enjoyed the historical colour of the story. I read like a film. Thanks.
Well done! I felt like I was part of the story watching as each scene unfolded.