The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2172 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Love it! The story is moving and the writing excellent.
10/27/07
Great descriptions and action. You certainly kept me captivated. Good stuff.
10/27/07
I felt I was right there witnessing the drama and action unfold.
10/30/07
The interest in your story built up and ended with martyrdom, but it also brought souls to Christ. Well done.
10/30/07
Oh, very good, and so stirring!

If you make this longer, wouldn't it be ironic if the "Masta" professed Christianity?

I love that Chris Tomlin song--thanks for reminding me.
11/01/07
Congratulations on your EC. This is a powerful story, and I, too, would like to see a longer version. Great job with the topic.
11/07/07
You must do more with this story. It is powerful! Should be expanded and sold!
Oh, my goodness, this is powerful. Great message of strong faith. Excellent work.
My goodness, this is so powerful and so deserving of the HC and EC. God bless people that spread the word and lead people to salvation and the freeing of the chains, regardless of the obstacles.
06/25/08
SOO powerful, Alison. Wonderful characterizations.
I still love Hickory Joe. I feel like he's a real person I should be mourning. A true hero for God.
06/26/08
What an ending! Caught me by surprise Allison ... I loved it.
06/26/08
Great character, this Hickory Joe. Very moving story reminding us of what we should do in our every day life--taking every opportunity to tell/show others about Jesus, no matter what the circumstances. Nicely written and kept us interested, and moving forward.