The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1643 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/31/07
Oh Wow -- this was wonderful! Brought tears to my eyes - I could visualize each of the toys and you made me think of some of my own that were with my through growing up years. A different spin on adventure ...thanks for a great read!
06/01/07
Neat story & great ending.
Cute make believe here. Good job.
A wonderful little adventure story crafted perfectly!
06/01/07
Sweet story. I enjoyed the adventure and loved the tender ending.
06/04/07
The split infinitive and speech tags in the first third really bothered me, but I got caught in up in a very delightful essay.
06/04/07
Cute and creative story! I still have some of my childhood "best friends" with me, including my well-worn teddy bear! This has a wonderful message of the faithfulness of friends and the blessing they are to us--especially when we're in trouble! Great job! :)
06/04/07
So sweet - this was an absolutely delightful read.
06/05/07
You made me cry. I am a sucker for this type of story. So sweet...so imaginative...so well written. Wonderful story!
06/05/07
Very sweet story. My favorite line was: Time, for friends, is seamless. Each day’s an adventure and fifteen years is but a single, flawless moment.

Well done.
Oh my! This is just beautiful! It's all warm and fuzzy and so...well..true. The message comes across so easily before you know it and the idea of the teddy bears. Your descriptions were good, I especially liked the Monkey. How cute. Well done.
06/07/07
So good! From beginning to the end!
06/09/07
Cute as a button. Loved the twist at the end. Nicely contained story.
I just relived those years with my youngest son who had (has!) a care bear and a cabbage patch kid for friends. But don't tell him I told you. This story is a treasure.