The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1853 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/17/07
Wow. I'm not sure what to say about this, except that it is incredibly powerful. Particularly the ending. It gave me chills. Tragically powerful writing.
Wow. I'm all about a hint of hope in the ending, but I can't say this wasn't wonderfully written.
05/18/07
WOW! A searing indictment of PCness and the fallacy of technology: just because something is possible doesn't mean that it is good.

Your writing is just astounding.
05/18/07
*cue twilight zone music. Rod Serling like voice* In a galazy far, far away. In a future not unlike or present, we experience what is, what will be and what has been. Will we ever look at pink the same again? Should we?

Oh, no! I hated this entry! It was horrible!!!! The worst sci-fi entry I've ever read!!! *note to self.* Change color to shades of blue and no one will know you stole the idea for your next novel.

Oh my this is grand!
05/18/07
Powerful and mastercrafted from start to finish!! Love it!
So much for seeing the world through rose colored glasses! You created wonderful scifi. Would a blue or green world be happier, you suppose?
05/20/07
Wow. Very well written. I could feel the MC's despair, in fact, it seemed to smother me there for a minute and when I came up to breathe I thought, "Whew. I'm glad this is fiction..." Great job!
05/21/07
Amazingly well written. Frightening and exceptionally mastercrafted. Wow.
WOW. That's pretty much all I can say to this. Enthralling somewhat, in seeing a world of pink, but haunting to see how it changes things and people. This is great. Good job. Awesome writing! ^_^
Excellent! So much creativity lies within this story, sharing a powerful truth in a very unique way.
05/22/07
The voice is fantastic, very strong. Great use of flashback through a journal and the dialect there. Well done.
05/24/07
Helen, I've been waiting all week to see who wrote this. Although disturbing, I thought it was wonderful and was disappointed it did not place. Still, congratulations on a job very well-done. Blessings, Teri
This was one of my highest rated entries. Quite compelling and frightening. This is classic sci fi by a master--powerful. Great work.
05/26/07
What an innovative, creative idea. I could feel the ennui of the place. What's the point, my soul cries? Wonderful writing, Helen. I enjoyed it very much. It was spellbinding.
09/17/08
Wow, this is unbelievably good! Chilling, stunning, vivid, just amazing.