The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1555 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This caught my eye because I titled my challenge story this exact same thing for the inspirational topic. Great title ;-) and fun story.
05/18/07
I really enjoyed this story. I especially appreciate the message of the story. I've wondered too, why God had me live now rather than back when people were simpler and God was still revered more. But that's exactly what He's brought to my mind. He's brought us here for such a time as this. To pray. May God help me to accomplish this - it's too easy to forget and not take the time. But it's why He's put me here!
Thank you!!!
05/18/07
Good message, and I liked the way you tied it up with the scripture verse. I don't know how close to the word count you were, but I'd have liked a bit more detail, a bit more 'showing'. In places I think it felt a bit sparse. An enjoyable read, though.
05/19/07
Oh! This is fantastic, woven with a superb message! One of favorites!
What a wonderful story. I climbed on with you and the angels and was glad to get back! Well written!
Nice title! This is somewhat haunting, to go back in time and realize just how precisely everything was set and shouldn't even be wished otherwise. The touch of angels was good. Very interesting.
This really drove home the fact that we really are born at exactly the right time, and in exactly the right place. What an awesome God we have to plan this all out. Thank you for the reminder.
05/22/07
Highly entertaining!

After the first few paragraphs, I was kind of expecting your narrator to experience more of a revelation in the past, rather than just encountering her ancestors. Maybe if you get a chance to expand this?

05/23/07
Definitely intriguing - I loved the message especially. Would have loved more detail as well - but that word count is a killer, eh? Enjoyable read!