The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1889 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/10/07
My first question was: "Where's the rest of the book?" This served to whet my appetite for more. Great "voice."
I agree that I would like to read more. This is a fantastic beginning for a novel. You set the scene expertly. Nicely done.
05/12/07
Oh, excellent suspense and scene setting and dialogue. I was engrossed from beginning to end. I also want to read the rest of this.
05/14/07
Great job with the atmosphere, the dialect, the whole "feel" of old London. This is a fascinating story.
05/14/07
Oh, I love a mystery, especially when it is historical, and the London setting makes it complete. Great job on description and characterization, too.
05/14/07
YES! A book is born! FANTASTIC ALL THE WAY AROUND!
Well written. Good historical piece.
05/16/07
Excellent story telling. It amazes me that people could turn on their own because of their compasssionate hearts, but I've heard of this before. Well written, holds the reader's interest. Well done!
I SO want to read more of this! Very well written, I liked the descriptions and the dialouge in the front piece.
05/16/07
This gave me chills! And it prompted me to actually look up some more info on the whole Jack the Ripper case. You did your job as a writer by involving me in the story and leaving a haunting impression in my mind.
Great writing. Kudos to those who can write with dialect of the times. I just get to confused! Excellent story. Your characters spoke with great authority.
I must agree with the others. This is definitely book material. Fascinating from the beginning. I, too, love how you write in the dialect, add so much to the piece. Absolutely wonderful writing.
05/17/07
Fantastic writing, Sandra. Positively riveting! I was hooked in by the title, but I stayed because of the well written, developing drama. So many things entered my mind: what genre am I in? Romance? Mystery? Well, that's what makes it so fascinating: it's a bit of everything! Exceptional writing!
05/17/07
And to think you weren't going to enter this one, girlfriend! Congratulations!
***Congrats!***
Congratulations for an excellently told story and for the recognition it received--well worth it!