The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1731 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/10/07
Masterful--the irony of the title gave me shivers when I got to the end. A perfect example of an anti-hero POV. And I love your little details--the egg, the church pew, the wig--that give your piece atmosphere and realism.
05/10/07
It amazes me that so-called godly men could enslave others and rejoice to continue such a beastly tradition. But hey, we have our own issues of that nature today, don't we. Well done, excellent description.
05/11/07
Excellent title! You have managed to write volumes
'between the lines' (which is where really good writing often resides).Well done.
05/11/07
Excellent story telling in so few words! Great POV.
05/11/07
Perfect title - and amazingly well-told story. Gave me shivers.
The details in this piece are wonderful. I especially like the description of the man in the second line. You've said a lot in a short piece. Very well done.
How you can think of such wondeful description to write amazes me. I loved the image of his bottom polishing the pew! ( and his fleshy face) Title was tops!
Good accouting of this histrical tale.
05/16/07
I like it a lot! I love the little twist at the end.

I loved the first paragraph--great imagery--I especially liked this:

"Wig askew, sweat glistening on his fleshy face, he dashed up the steps of the church."

I can picture that so easily! This also reminds me of the movie that recently came out about Wilberforce called Amazing Grace.

Again, great job!