The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2495 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/10/07
Excellent. I wasn't aware of this moment in history. Wonderful to know that a frivolous society actually had members with backbone and determination to stand for right. Well done.
05/11/07
Wow!Perfection on so many levels.I can see a whole novel growing from this introduction.Excellent writing.
05/11/07
Brawn behind the beauty! Good piece. I loved this phrase "Constance was the sun whilst Lizzy was merely the moon, shining with a borrowed light." A borrowed light! Wonderful wording! Great writing.
05/11/07
Great job of setting the scene and description. Love the ending too.
05/12/07
I've known of William Wilberforce for some time and recently saw the excellent movie "Amazing Grace," about his struggle against the slave trade in England.

I enjoyed reading your story on this subject, but I was slightly confused at one point as to who the MC was--William himself, a friend or supporter of his, or just someone using the tour as a way to win a woman.

My favorite lines were the following: "From her chrysalis of green silk and ribbons there was emerging a quite different woman. The softness of innocence was disappearing. An angel of stone perhaps, Constance took on a determination and purpose that dismissed frivolity."

Fascinating, well-written story! :)
Hooray for Constance. She proved herself strong on so many levels. This was a very interesting read, and kept my attention. Good work.
Excellent writing skills on an important event in history.
05/17/07
Creative and oh, sooo well written!
This was absolutly stunning. I loved this discription:

chrysalis of green silk and ribbons

Marvelously written. Let me knownst when the novel is ready!!