The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1706 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/26/07
Do I smell a sequel? The openendedness of this leaves me wanting to know more. I think you are telling us that she is resisting the temptation of encouraging the advances of a married man, but he could be a widower, or any number of other things too. Lots of possibilities here. Good writing, good lesson and good prospects for the future.
I really enjoyed reading this story, very intriguing. I too would like to keep reading this..More please:) Nice job on this story.
05/01/07
I enjoyed this multi-faceted story. I like the closing of the drawer when she walked in, the one where she found the ring, an all telling gesture. You gave this story depth and a message to be taken to heart. Temptation is lurking, however, if we look closely He will reveal the way to us.
Loved the "still small voice that wasn't her mother's." And Lynda had some awesome suggestions for a sequel here! Nice job. I enjoyed this very much. Blessings, Cheri
05/02/07
Oooh! "That dirty rat!" LOL! Great intrigue. I'm glad you gave her a level head. A good read, and more stories about her would be great!
This is good writing. I was disappointed that she wasn't able to find a soul mate. But I'm glad that God revealed his marital status in time to save her from future problems. Would still like to see closure for her. That's the romantic in me.
So glad she found the ring! What a sneaky guy, Verity sure had spunk though. I'm glad she was able to move on. I liked your descriptions with checking out the bathroom and kitchen. Very good. The first paragraph with her and her mother didn't seem to fit right for me though. It was kind of like too sudden a jump. IMO. ^_^ Otherwise, I enjoyed it!
05/03/07
Excellent title, amazing female character name that makes me really want a future genre to be chick lit so you can keep this gem going!