The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1591 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I love it. You had a quick POV shift, but great story!
02/03/07
A wonderful story and very well told. I loved the way you ended this piece-- realistic and satisfying. Great job!
02/05/07
So atmospheric and grand and wonderful. I love the rich language of this, and the wonderful images.
02/05/07
Aaah, some romance on FWs! You did it very nicely, without any mush thrown in to make me gag :)
I like the way you show a common bond between two people who are not yet ready to commit. This story could go anywhere from here.
02/06/07
Great piece of writing!
02/06/07
Awwwww, I love this! It's so gentle and shy, just like its protagonists. Perfect tone.
02/06/07
Hehe This was great. My favorite line was "
The book she had just finished was placed alongside dozens of other books that had afforded her so much for so little." "...so much for so little." Ir reminds me of a little saying my mom and I have about the library. We call the library "The best deal in town!"
02/06/07
Oh Glenn, this is beautiful. How often I have rewritten books as I read them!

And this reads like a slice from a movie - I could 'see' each moment.

A great experiment Glenn - I hope you are pleased.
02/06/07
This is a wonderful entry with beautiful words and images to delight the reader and get him/her involved. I like the way the characters met before they actually met each other.
02/06/07
This is so lovely and I can imagine another ending, just as she did. I love the ending; full of hope, yet realistic. Very good character development. Thanks for sharing - it was a treat to read.
02/07/07
You used such wonderful words to describe the scene - and the everyday occurance that I am sure is played out often. The story had such a tenderness to to and prefect ending that left me wanting to see how it played out.