The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2384 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/03/07
A poem of repentance about a people who have sinned. The poem moves along as Ezra reads the Word of God that prick the hearers' hearts and you have kept the rhythm and the tone in tune with each other. A good poetic reminder for us who have strayed from God's path.
02/04/07
You absolutely brought this scene to life with this wonderful piece. A lesson for all of us. I loved almost every stanza, but especially the last.
What a lovely commentary on Ezra. And you did it with perfect meter. I love the feeling the poem knew exactly where it was going and was in a hurry to get there. Good job.
02/05/07
Perfection personified! A real bona fide poetic poem that rhymes and flows with a rhythmic beat and a powerful message straight from the Good Book! Loved it! (it bothered me that it didn't have any punctuation, except for the question marks - but perhaps that's just me) Brilliant entry and on target Topic-wise.
02/06/07
Very nice! The last several stanzas just resonate with grace.
02/06/07
YES! This is the God we serve - One who is quick to forgive, even in the OT, when we are ready to obey.
Oh, how I love the story of Ezra! I almost tried it on for size for this topic, but so glad I didn't...your version is wonderful!