The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1532 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
12/14/06
Sadly sweet. You have communicated the heart of this old man so well. I hope he "escapes" lots! Good job.
12/15/06
The image of the hidden Pete (at first I thought he might be up in the tree), made me smile.
12/15/06
Oh, I loved this! Sweet and tender. Left me wanting to know more about the precious man's life. Wonderful writing.
12/15/06
Loved the atmosphere of the park, 'friends' and Pete. Makes me wish I could have lunch with him too - to get to know him.

Yes - the prayer warrior - those who are impressed to pray for the person on the side of the road - or for that mom in the store. You've conveyed this ministry well. A really good job of writing.

12/16/06
Nicely done. The characterization was realistic, as was the dialogue and prayer. I was sorry at the end that Pete hadn't found the ministry God had for him at the home, but that would be a tough assignment for any of us, especially if we weren't ready to actually be there. I'm facing some decisions soon with my own mom, and pray I can take her heart into consideration as I go forward. So, right now at least, I'm feeling sorry for the kids!! Good job.
12/17/06
Top notch. A trifle sad, but the lite ending kept it from being a tear jerker. I enjoyed this.
Cute title; involving story. Loved Pete's example, and his childlike demeanor at the end. :-)
Sweet story! Good job.
Aww, I feel sorry for Pete, having to sneak away. I enjoyed reading this - thanks.
12/19/06
A very sweet story. I enjoyed it very much. I feel for Pete and for his well-meaning kids. A wonderful story!
I absolutely love stories about seniors. You did a great job making Pete a lovable character. I am saving this one, with your permission. I hope it does well.
12/20/06
Excellent description and detail. This is absolutely an engaging and moving tale. Love the ending too. Great stuff, friend!
12/20/06
A blessed unsung ministry. I feel for the dilema of the gentleman as well as the children. Tough decisions. Made me think about the issue without weighing me down. Good writing - and good title! ;)
12/20/06
He didn't like hiding in the bushes...but knew intuitively he needed to if he was to preserve his freedom and ministry another day. What a tough decision that many of us are facing, both as children and, inevitably and eventually, as the parent. Realistically told... I felt for Pete...wanted him to be free, yet wanted him to be safe.
I loved your story, but I thought of my own mom and decisions we had to make. Made me cry. I liked the insert of his prayers for others. It showed he still had a lucid and unconfused heart. Great writing.
12/20/06
Very nice, I love the conversations with his friends (although female redbirds are more of a brown ;) just a nitpick).
12/21/06
Tenderly told. I like this a lot.
12/22/06
I love the memorable characters you create in your stories, SirWilliam. This is another gem from your pen.