The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2021 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
11/24/06
An unforgettable tale. I thought I knew early who the two were, though my mind struggled to remember a limp on Abraham. "That was Jacob," I thought...but I was totally wrong. I thought it was going to be another tale about the strength it took for Abraham and Sarah to offer up their son. It's a story rich with potential. However, this story came out of left field, giving me a lump in my throat and an ache in my heart. What an apt title, as well. This is, without a doubt, one of the most touching tributes to a parent that I have ever read. Exceptional work, here! I probably will never be able to read it again. (I only watched Old Yeller once) but that is because it's just too moving for me. Congratulations!
11/24/06
I agree with the previous commentator. What a unique take on the subject and superbly done.
11/24/06
This one also caught me off guard. What a creative way to approach this subject. I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes and a lump in my throat. Wow, absolutely powerful. Thanks so much for writing this.
11/25/06
Oh now this is really weird! Because I had the very same story and decided to go another route. Only I didn't think to have it from the Rams vantage point. Although because I already had the story in my mind I almost figured it out ahead of time. Very unique perspective. Great minds think alike! Grand job!
11/26/06
Loved loved LOVED this! But I already told you that, didn't I? ;) Amazing detail and such a UNIQUE and wonderful perspective!
11/26/06
Unique perspective here. Great detail. What an awesome piece.
11/27/06
Gosh, this is amazing. I cottoned on pretty quickly that they were animals, but to be the mirror on the Abraham/Isaac story - and an immensely powerful type of God the Father's perspective at Calvary - Wow - I'm blown away. Really.
11/27/06
That was great. I was wondering about the mother 'bleating' at the beginning and thought it was a typo ... Ha! What a great point of view! Terrific.
Excellent piece on a behloved Bible story teaching total surrender & trust in God. Well done!
11/28/06
What inspiration! Your perspective on this age-old story is incredible! So wonderfully crafted, complete with deep emotion. At first I was sure you were talking about Abraham and Isaac, but the limp threw a curve at me. Wow! So moving, so wonderful, and so on-target! AWESOME!!!!!
11/28/06
Okay...I wasn't expecting THAT. :-)

What a wonderful twist!There's a reason for a Master's category. This story is it! Thanks!
Well, I can't really add anything to what has already been spoken. Incredibly well done, amazingly creative and makes me beg the question: "Can we have Masters I and Masters II so some of us don't necessarily get compared to the greats like yourself???" Thanks for this great writing.
11/28/06
Absolutely a Masterful tale. You manage to find the unique approach to give your reader a new vision of the old story. I love it, even though it breaks my heart.
When I first read, I thought I'd figured out the story right away. I thought, oh, he wrote about Abraham, well at least the writings really good. So I kept reading and was very pleasantly surprised. This was such a great twist to the old familiar story and a great take on the topic. I enjoyed your version so much and am glad that I read it tonight.
11/28/06
Your best yet. *applause, applause*
Left me speechless as I read and realized the identities of Who I was reading about! Masterful. Thank you!
Blessings, Cheri
Hah, you totally got me! This is great writing. I could rave for hours about it! It simply MUST place. If it doesn't, try to get it published elsewhere. Many many people should read this. Brill!
11/29/06
Wow! What a wonderfully creative perspective. This really touched my heart. Great writing!
11/29/06
Interesting, very creative approach. Thank you for sharing this.
What a creative twist! I thought I knew where the story was going, but the surprise ending was wonderful! Good job, I loved the end when the two fathers 'met'.
11/29/06
Bravo! Wonderfully creative and written. Absolutely LOVED the ending. One (tiny) thing that popped out at me. Since I am a stickler about beginnings, I might have started it, "He stood alone..." "The male parent" seemed a little awkward to me. But other than that very small detail, I loved everything about this one. Excellent work!
11/29/06
An thread of faithfulness and all encompassing love, was woven throughout your story. It was a blessing to read.
11/30/06
I read this earlier today and was struck silent with its creative eloquence. Absolutely amazing! I was very touched by this and I admit I never considered this aspect of the story before. I enjoyed reading this very much. Thanks for sharing this.
11/30/06
the beginning was actually a little confusing for me but by the end of the piece everything made sense.
thank you for sharing
11/30/06
Very cool! I loved the different perspective.
Wow! It's not often that a person reads something that will leave him speechless and thinking about it as he goes about his business, but this does. Outstanding, Excellent!!!
11/30/06
The title works really well too. Very unique perspective. Excellent writing.
11/30/06
Congrats on your win Bill! It was great!!
11/30/06
Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah! Told ya so! Now I'm off to read the pieces that beat you :)
Wow. I'm a fan, too.

This is beautiful. You had me crying--I had to read it twice. Congratulations!
11/30/06
Wow, William - this is awesome. It truly is. Congratulations. I am moved.
I don't know how I missed this one. It is just wonderfully and powerfully done with a very unique perspective. I am teary-eyed. Congratulations on your win.