The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2079 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
11/17/06
Hehe This was so light-hearted an enjoyable. I loved the image of the pastor turning around with a clown nose on his face. I also thought the ideas of "lifeguards" at church was pretty funny, but painfully accurate. Me we realize that the water of revival is safe, and not find the need for lifeguards any longer.
makes you stop and think. When we don't let God have control, we lose out on what he wants to do in our lives.
11/18/06
This was delightfully engaging. I found myself chuckling through almost the whole thing - though the end, as serious as it was, did not in any way seem out of place. I don't know how you did it - but you did! Exceptional!
11/19/06
I love the title and the content is thought-provoking too. It is an interesting take on the topic. Well done!
11/21/06
Great story! So far removed from any kind of church service in my experience, which made me enjoy it all the more. What a wonderful, diverse faith we have!

In the first sentence, you might have meant "Brother Lester and me"--unless it was the narrator's dialect, in which case, it's fine as is.

I love this entry.
11/21/06
I could see it all - great characters!
11/21/06
I love the metaphor; this is a creative take on the lifeguard topic, and you carried it through the entire story effortlessly. Of course, you're a Master! :)
11/21/06
A very creative take on the subject and it is very well written. Great title. Thanks for sharing this
11/21/06
Great take on the topic and with a wonderful message. As usual, well done. :)
11/21/06
Sometimes we do tend to allow our solemn reverence to get in the way of allowing God to be God and do unusual things in our services. There is always a place for evalutating things by the yardstick of the Bible. But there is no room for stifling a move of God just because it's new to us. You've brought a good truth across in a non-threatening way. Clown's nose! Ha!
11/22/06
A powerful sermon and powerful writing. Although this is very different from my own church experience, I could totally appreciate it. Such a great message. I’m so glad I read this!
11/23/06
Nice take on the topic. Very well crafted. Strong words, nice structure.