The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1920 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/21/06
Though I felt the main topic was far from "Police", the story itself was very good, drawing me deeper, feeling her pain and then the relief when the conviction was no more. A good message in this.. Well done.
I liked this story a lot. The structure worked well ... I liked the way that we were led into Julie's life. It is so sad when failure and guilt is allowed to dominate us. They surely will come, and ought not to be ignored ... it makes one appreciate God's gospel all over again!!

I fear the story is not strongly on topic enough to do well in the challenge, but thank you for sharing it.
10/24/06
Yes, thank God for Romans 8:1. I had a lil trouble following the story, but the message was loud and clear. God bless.
This was a powerful story for me; it stirred many emotions. I like the way you write, moving through all the tenses, giving us details as we need to know them.
Well done and thank you.
10/24/06
We often think every one else has it all together and we're the only ones "dysfunctional". Thank God for His mercy and grace!
10/24/06
My favorite part of this story was the wedding of the elderly couple. It just really appealed to me. Nice job with your protagonist's conflicted emotions.
Thanks for the reminder that it's never too late for more grace:

"As the old couple said their “I do’s”, Julie silently vowed, Lord, I do promise to walk in your grace and not in Satan’s condemnation. Just as the bride and groom, she thanked God for a new beginning."