The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1674 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
09/14/06
Love it! What a wonderful imagination you have. Having been "up-close-and-personal" with South American cockroaches, I always do one better than Adam — squash, don't scream. But, hey, this was great!
If you ever revise it, could you throw fire ants in there, too? Great story; I enjoyed it immensely!
Ok, so I'm still laughing. This was great! I loved the lines, "because he's so picky" and, "I can see we're gonna get along great."
What a fun read. Thanks for sharing.

God bless,

Kevin
09/15/06
Fantastic! This is wonderfully cute and incredibly creative. My first big laugh was at "Hey you! Crunchy thing." Then again at "Now, I wasn't born yesterday. Okay..." Poor cockroach. You actually got me feeling sorry for the disgusting little critter. Exceptionally well done!
Too funny!!! Thanks for a great laugh! What a sense of humor and great imagination you have. Loved the flying sweetly toward Adam scene.
09/15/06
Very funny! Had me smiling all the way through! I also loved “Hey you! Crunchy thing.” Really 'envy' people who can write funny stuff - it's a gift and you use it well! Yeggy
All I can say is "WOW!" I think this is a winner!
09/16/06
“Does this hide make me look fat?

So this is where "THOSE" words started...hehe. Nothing new under the sun, so they say.

I echo all the other comments. Outlandishly creative in every way. What a wheelbarrow load of fun you've created, Excellent Wow!
09/16/06
Too much fun! A laugh a line, at least! I also loved "Hey you, crunchy thing" - and most of your other lines! Masterfully done!
This is really great, so I'm gonna pick on a minor thing. It was obvious in the first paragraph that you were talking about a rooster, so you didn't need to spell it out. Very funny story! Great job.
09/18/06
If you think Adam is picky - wait until you hear this reader: "A Rooster does not warble or scream...it crows!" Loved the last line - about getting along with the Woman. "Achhh!" That was funny.
09/19/06
How hillarious! I'm sitting here laughing and everyone's looking at me! LOL I struggled at the very beginning, not recognizing the rooster. But past that, you had me right where you wanted me -- lapping up every line, anticipating the next laugh in response to your wit and creativity! Excellent! :)
Okay, what can I say that hasn't been said?

Personification is outstanding; humor is hardly the common variety.

You're such a comedian!!! ;-D

09/19/06
Definitely one of my favorites this week! Weonderfully creative appROACH and packed with humor. Simply delightful!
09/19/06
This made me laugh! So nicely done. An original piece, and I thouroughly enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing it.
09/19/06
This made me laugh! So nicely done. An original piece, and I thouroughly enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing it.
09/19/06
Still chuckling! TOO funny! Very well done!
09/19/06
My favorite this week, this is just as clever as they come.
09/20/06
And a very fine attempt at humor it was! The flying cockroach is a site to behold! It's clear they have to formidable training in this area. I'm still laughing.
A wonderful read! Don Marquis can pass the baton to you!
09/20/06
Tee hee! That was really funny! The cockroach trying to grovel like the stupid Dog! Pure genius. You maintained humour all the way through!
09/22/06
Enjoyed this. Gonna give you a DAVEY for originality.