The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1731 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Very facinating style. I like it! Well done.
I love the message at the end - though it was, frankly, a little rough for me to wade through the environmentalist build-up, but that's just the opinion of one reader.
Overall, it was well written - and made its point quite clearly.

God bless,

Kevin
Wow! This left me with my jaw hanging open! A thought-provoker for sure that could be read several times. I was glad when the "greater river" showed up. :-)
09/10/06
Oh, Suzanne - this tugged at my heart. So wonderfully expressed and such a passionate plea and description! What a portrait you have painted. LOVED this!
09/10/06
Yes, Mother Earth is not being treated too kindly, is she? Loved the originality and creativity of the piece - your writing experimentation is paying off in a huge way, Suz. Good stuff here. Well done!
09/10/06
This is awesome! To take a piece that appears to have one kind of message, and turn it into an impassioned plea for the heart of a nation...just spectacular.
09/10/06
Definately a unique approach to the river topic. It's interesting to think of a river in China and what it has seen - North America has so few stories to tell in comparison.
Very creative take on the topic & well written!
09/11/06
Look at Suz...getting all fancy-schmancy! LOL This is written in such a unique style. Great writing, flow, word choices-the whole package. Excellent as usual. :)
This grabbed an all too often ignored problem and shook it full of invention. We - who are meant to be stewards of the Lords creation - are abusing our position and pillaging this planet. Excellent writing, evocatively and eloquently expressed. God bless. xx
09/14/06
This piece is full of passion and beauty. Wow. Your words carried me along on an incredible journey as if I was actually flowing down this river, intimate with its glories and troubles. Then the hope of Jesus - everything will be made new. Fantastic work!
09/14/06
Suzanne, Congrats on your win! I was a judge this week and was really rooting for this entry. I thought it was absolutely wonderful. It was so great to see a piece of Christian writing which I would consider to be environmentalist. Excellent, excellent job. Passionate, brave writing. I thought about it long after I read it.
Very strong, Suzanne. Congratulations on placing. Great work.
09/14/06
Congratulations on your "Highly Commended" win!

God bless you as you continue to offer your gifts and talents to the Lord in such a wonderful way! Very, very well done!