The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1701 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
07/15/06
A well written scene. I find myself wanting to know more about the main character.
07/18/06
Aaaah I know that scent well - it's my favorite, and one not ever forgotten - truly a treasure.

Thank you for the memory. And yes - a beautiful scene that outshines all the rest.
07/18/06
What a bittersweet story, so very well told. I loved it.
07/18/06
Very descriptive scene. I could just imagine the peach juice in the coffee! Oh great! LOL Very enjoyable reading. Great work! :)
07/18/06
This is such a lovely reverie. You know how to bring your reader into the middle of your experience, tasting, hearing, smelling, and feeling the pictures your words create. Was the "single mom" in the women's conversation the same as the POV woman? This deserves a re-reading, so I don't miss anything!
07/18/06
Oops! I meant to add how I relish your choice of words, such as the "pearl-tinted night" and the "opal hued dawn." Simply beautiful.
All of my favorite things are in this poignant story...the scent and sparkle of snow, the warmth of the (peach) coffee, the tiny moonlit sparkles in a child's curls, a mother's lap...yes, and even the special closeness of a single mother and child that is birthed from daily trials. This scene could have come straight from my own childhood with my widowed mother.
07/18/06
"How Great My Joy" Indeed!

Story telling at its finest!

Delightful story, embracing all the senses.
07/18/06
This piece has great serenity--and I laughed out loud at the peachy coffee. Lovely.
07/19/06
Beautiful! Beautifully written and beautiful sentiments. Well done.