The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 860 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
06/10/16
Life certainly does have a intuneness and a bounce that is lacking when we are weighted down with worry, hurt or pain. You gave an enchanting vision of this. I envisioned the sweet spirit of your MC being called Joy! Enjoyed the read!
This is simply stunning. Not only do the words flow off the page, but they are such powerful words. You created a beautiful mental picture and the poem is the perfect example of this topic. Simply brilliant. Congratulations! Happy, happy dance!
06/16/16
Congratulations, Ellen, on winning a 1st place EC award.

Your MC told her story well within the limits of a poem.
I'm adding this to my favorites.
Not just the jauntiest--but the best. Congratulations on first place! I loved it.
06/16/16
Most of us can identify with the euphoria of coming out of a particularly tough time. You have brought this out brilliantly. Congrats on your first place.
06/16/16
Terrific work for its energy, simplicity and imagery - and a well-deserved top placing. Congratulations.
I like every thing about your poem - the rhythm that set the perfect pace for the topic, the sudden slow down caused not by the meter but by your words, and the picking up and dusting off to end with a upnote. Simply wonderful.
Congratulations on your 1st place EC!
06/19/16
I was immediately drawn to this story and remember thinking "I'll bet this wins this week" when I read it. Congrats on your well-deserved first place win.
06/20/16
this is an impressive piece of work; careful and deliberate as it unpacks the MC. Beautiful.
06/24/16
Lyrically brilliant and simply a joy to absorb.
Well done. Good writing to reveal the story beneath. I like it.