The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 790 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This is pure delight. I held onto every word. I remember my first EC idea came to me as I was vacuuming and I dropped the cleaner and searched for paper and a working pen. The story poured out of me and wouldn't have been the same if I first tried to hunt and peck on the PC. Your story remind did me of that time and I need to find my pen again. The only critique is tiny. I'm terrible about reading titles, and didn't spot yours until I was done, but I couldn't help but wonder if I had read it earlier, would it have given away the ending? I can't answer that, but I do wonder. Your ending was perfect. So many people struggle with balancing the conclusion, but you appear to be an expert.
07/25/14
What a joy it was to read this. I like everything about it.

Great storytelling. On topic. Perfect ending. What more can I say.
This is amazing! It's such a creative story and so well told.
Well-told! And it reminded me: Although I often draft pieces sitting under a tree with my old (original) iPad, I know that in the heat of a new idea, the first things I grab are pen and paper; and only later fire up the technology.
A well-told intriguing tale. I need one of those inspiring pens! Red ink: Sort of a small picky thing but, for me as a reader, it is distracting. Watch out for the dreaded its (shows possession) versus it's (contraction for it is). Showed up repeatedly as the former when the latter is what you really wanted.
07/26/14
Great story! Well told, well said in content and delivery.

God bless~
07/27/14
I really liked your story. Engaging. Creative:)
07/27/14
Well done entry. I loved the dialogue and the characterization. The only red ink I have is that there were some missing commas when the dialogue was addressing one of the characters. Otherwise, superb and enjoyable!
07/30/14
I truly enjoyed this read. I don't know how believable the "no edits and no rewrites" is, but that made it even more interesting. Loved the ending! The title may have given too much of a clue.

Keep up the great work, I'm loving it!
07/30/14
Yay for your reentry into the Challenge with this wonderful story. Your MC kept me thoroughly engaged.
Well done.
One small inkblot- it's it is
Deliciously delightful!
Congratulations for ranking 13th overall! Happy Dance!