The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 841 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This is a beautiful story of hope, prayer, and forgiveness. I think we all hold onto things and need this lovely reminder from time to time.

Be careful about POV shifts. You went into the thoughts of both characters, but ideally the story should be told only with what the MC sees, hears or thinks. She could describe her sister's body language or use dialog to show what the other characters think. Another way would be to have each POV look like a mini chapter with a line of stars defining the switch.

I still struggle with POV shifts. If not for FW, I never would have known that it is considered a shift if the writer goes into more than the MC's mind. It really didn't change the impact of the story for me. You did a great job of letting the pain ooze of the page so it was almost palpable. I also think you did a grand job of using the topic. There is always hope as long as Jesus is in our hearts. I struggle with that concept from time to time and your story was a great reminder for me. I need to put my faith in Jesus and learn to allow hope into my heart again. Great job.
Great read - but hard! Hard because of the truth of it ... very compelling. Thanks
02/05/14
Oh this was an inspiring story with so many levels and messages.

Nicely done!

God bless~
02/05/14
Great story of the difficulty of hurt, and of forgiveness. Well done.
Congratulations on ranking 24 overall! Happy Dance!