The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 647 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/10/14
This is a lovely poem of the slowing down at the end of the day. I like the way you tell of the sounds that can be heard and the ones that stop being heard. Well done!
01/10/14
I’d love to have your input into the free writing lessons available on the FaithWriters forums. This week’s lesson is on writing devotionals, and next week will cover writing on topic for the weekly challenge. Look for it at http://www.faithwriters.com/Boards/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=67, or if you’re on Facebook, you can “like” Faithwriters Writing Lessons.
01/11/14
I love all the little details you use to count down to the day's end. This lovely poem flows beautifully and is a delight to read.
01/11/14
Beautiful!

God bless~
I enjoyed this. Although there have been many stunning poems on sunsets this week, I liked how you brought in the part about reflecting on your day. For me it's easy to get overwhelmed and to forget to ask God to forgive me and guide me in the new day. You did a fine job with covering the topic while speaking to the heart.
You beautifully slow down the reader as you describe the slow down of the day. Thank you.
01/15/14
Beautifully detailed poem of day winding down and night thoughts embracing! Visual so vivid it is like you are there! Love the ending, it leaves you with such a peaceful feel, with visions of God and His angels watching over us as we sleep. Great job!
Congratulations on ranking 26th overall!