The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1283 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
11/08/13
Very well written and enjoyable poem! You've captured youngsters perfectly.

God bless~
11/09/13
What a fun poem that I could see getting published in a children's magazine. Four of my five kids are boys and you described them perfectly--when pigs fly of course.
11/10/13
This is a great poem! I like the way you've used the topic and described so aptly what little boys (don't) do. I enjoyed the rhymes and rhythm too. Well done!
11/13/13
Perfection on a page! You encapsulated what every little boy is sure NOT to do in this reader-captivating bit of whimsy. I love your clever approach! <3
We wish....!! Excellent, great poem. Huge congratulations on winning EC - very well deserved!
11/14/13
Woo Hoo! Congratulations!
What a perfect poem!
(written by someone who has known a few little boys in her life)
11/14/13
Love it, Verna! Congratulations!
11/14/13
Wow, the creativity in this is bursting at the seams! Well deserving of that 1st place win!
11/14/13
I really like your poetry, Verna. I looked into your 2 books on AMAZON, and I'm just waiting until I get paid. Both are rated 5 stars!

Congratulations on your 1st place EC award. God bless you and your future writing.
11/14/13
Fantastic, creative and oh, so true. No wonder you placed first. Congratulations.
11/14/13
Congratulations!

God bless~
Nice poem. Congratulations on the win.
Oh that is too adorable! Great job. You couldn't have captured the essence of pig's flying better. :)
What a lol cute one! Perfect in every way, Verna!! I can sure tell you raised a boy somewhere along the line! haha! :-D Congratulations!
11/16/13
So uncharacteristic of boys making it so perfect for the topic. Great concept and congratulations on your first place ribbon.
11/21/13
This lighthearted poem was a perfect fit for the topic. The fluid flow and unforced rhyme made this most enjoyable to read. Congratulations on placing 1st with this deserving piece.
11/21/13
I love this, Verna! Congratulations on your well deserved first place. God bless!