The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1615 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
As a musician, of course I was drawn to reading your piece immediately. As a musician with another adult-acquired challenge that requires needles and blood, I was fascinated with your writing, and appreciated every word of it. May I join your F-flat Club?
This is a great story. How humbling it is when God invites a child into our lives to show us the way. You did a grand job of showcasing the topic. Though not being musical some of it sounded like Greek to me but the message was quite clear and even a tone-deaf me got it and can appreciate it. :)
This was wonderful to read. I am not musical either but so appreciated the 'dual-message' that came across so strongly in your story. You illustrated beautifully the way that God uses the 'everyday' to speak to our hearts. Thankyou.
01/11/13
This is a very instructive piece musically; and very edifying in its life application as well; with great balance and restraint in both aspects.
01/11/13
This is a well written story. I couldn't agree more with you about blood and needles. Good dialogue between the MC and the music student.
01/12/13
I really enjoyed how you likened the challenge of getting used to the F flat to getting used to diabetes. I must admit I tend to agree with James' view about F flat (Why not just put an E in?) but I'm only a little bit musical, no expert! Well done.
Very well written, and a great example of how we can apply everyday lessons to our own lives if we will only let them speak to us.
01/16/13
This entry has so many layers of application to life in general. It was an interesting and detailed story which I thoroughly enjoyed. Thanks.

God bless~
Chrisina,
Congratulations on your well-deserved win.
This was my favorite story of all this week; it was wonderfully written. Congratulations on your EC.
I very much enjoyed this piece, having had the same conversation with my piano teacher several years ago. I appreciate the lesson the MC learns, but appreciate even more the idea of learning as she did from everyday situations and problems. Great story!
01/17/13
What a great story. I love the way you bring us along on the MC's struggle to accept the diagnosis. You used the dialog and situation to show your message very effectively. In reading this I am reminded that God also embraces the philosophy of "show don't tell".

Excellent work! Thanks for sharing it with us and congratulations on a well deserved EC placement.
01/17/13
Ah, I love this! Congrats on your placement and God bless!
01/19/13
Congratulations on your clever contrast piece. The practical lessons presented in this engaging story add to the reasons why it's a well deserved win.