The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1064 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
09/03/11
Awww, sweetly told...Any mom can relate to this story, even those who don't have children. An empty house is a transition irrespective of the reason. I enjoyed it, God Bless~
09/06/11
Oh yes…I remember all those feelings when my son left for college and then again when he married…but we survive. This was so well written and evoked so many memories and emotions in me! Good job!
I have two boys, 8yrs and 5yrs. I also have a little girl, 3yrs. Everyone tells me how fast it goes by. I know I'll blink my eyes and be right where you are, ushering my last off to college. I fear it, and yet, that's what life is supposed to do, move forward. I enjoyed your story. Reading about your survival makes me more hopeful about mine. :)
09/07/11
You did a good job of capturing the mom's emotions in letting go of her boy. Her reaction to her sleeping husband and his indifference was great.
09/13/11
Can definitely relate to this one..."one last hug...one last hug...one last hug". Says so much, uniquely. But we never stop being "mommy"!
09/26/11
Laury, I'm going to feature this on the Front Page Showcase for the week of October 17. Look for it on the FaithWriters home page--and congratulations!