The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 858 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
06/16/11
Your intense description of anxiety attacks and phobia are completely convincing. I felt my throat constricting with poor Hallie as she reads from her journal.

The shift at the end of her introspect felt a little abrupt--rushed. I am guessing the word limit and desire for a hopeful/happy ending is to blame.

Really good writing!!
06/16/11
I felt like I was standing in line with Hallie, too. So sad that memories of the past can hold us back from today. So very sad. Excellent writing. I love the title - it fits very well.
06/17/11
At first I thought the MC was experiencing the start of memory loss which caused her to be anxious. As the story unfolded I learned the cause of her anxiety. I feel sad for anyone who can't get past the wounds inflicted on them during their childhood years.
06/19/11
You've done an excellent job of capturing the torturing thoughts that go along with panic and anxiety. The title is very fitting, because each time the anxiety starts up, the person needs to remember to stay in the situation until the anxiety passes.
Wow! I hope this speaks to many who have suffered extremely painful childhoods. I so could relate to Hallie. There's a class at churches now, I hope that will end up being given all over the continent, that is entitled Bridging the Gap. It is so healing and encouraging to be a part of such a course that helps one to understand where the abuse and pain came from, and how to heal and forgive and not be bound by the past but free to be whole again. It's sad to think how many of us have been scared by our past as children and if we don't overcome our own hurts we may very well transfer those hurts to our own children. Great job on writing this heartfelt piece, that was raw and full of emotion and hope. God bless you.:)