The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1075 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
A good reason not to put our faith in men, but in God. Good job!
12/14/10
oh.... This is a well-written tale. (and it wouldn't surprise me if it was true or a similar incident.) This entertained and was thought-provoking at the same time. Very nice!
Your well written story demonstrates well the problem of trying to "outdo" evil instead of having a prevailing Christian attitude. I like how your message is presented without sermonizing.
12/14/10
Excellent story. It is a kind of parable or warning story to think about the effects of our actions and not just the motives.
12/14/10
Great parable/cautionary tale. I could see something like this happen. Excellent.
12/14/10
Enjoyed your story, sad part is there's absolute truth in what you wrote. Sometimes my own self-righteousness is my own worst enemy.
I didn't expect that ending (of course I was looking for a "happy" one), but yours is all more likely. Thanks for sharing an important message.
12/15/10
How very sad that believers often give the "enemy" amunition by trying to fight back using the world's ways. Makes me think of Matthew 5:16, "Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven."

Great lesson taught through the mistakes of the characters on how we can sometimes go to far in fighting back.
12/15/10
"Too" far I mean. (Spelling error.) :)

Again, great story!
You have such a special relationship with words. This is an outstanding story with a powerful message. Bravo!
12/15/10
Win an argument, lose a soul. Freedom of speech aren't quite free. We need always to think carefully and let God lead us in all situations. Confrontation is not one good way, even though we ought always to be prepared to defend the faith and preach the Word in and out of season ... with great patience and careful instruction (2 Timothy 4:2). Excellent writing!
12/16/10
Your message is clear, and "wry"-ton target. A parable for our times.
Congratulations for placing 9th in Masters and 13th overall!