The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1178 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
How appropriate to read this on Veteran's Day. Well-done.
11/15/10
oh wow! Haunting, poignant! This gripping tale was well-delivered (as far as your writing). Yes, I'd definitely love to read more!
11/16/10
You have to know how much that story hits my heart with a son about to leave for war a third time. You did a great job of capturing the tenderness of a warrior and yet the harsh reality they face every day. Well told and well done.
This may me tear up. You did a wonderful job capturing a father's love for his child, as well as a soldier's devotion. Great job!
This is a masterful story on so many levels.--a story to remember and be thankful for our soldiers.
Very gripping and so real. Loved it. Held my attention and I could feel your MC emotions and was empathetic with him the entire time.
11/17/10
Heart felt and painful story of a father's love. So many youn gmen go off to battle for this country's, this world's, freedom, never to be seen again. My heart goes out to all that read this, that they would know the price paid.

A very well done piece.
11/18/10
So sad, yet so true. Good job.
I could not read this article fast enough due to the suspense of what would happen.

I still want to know more!

I am so thankful to all that have given up their own right to freedom in order to protect the majority.