The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1968 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/05/10
Very cute story and great descriptions of Beauregard and Louie! I could see them both in my mind's eye! I think this could be the basis for a wonderful children's picture book or "cartoon" story.
Awww, loved this. Cute story and I liked getting it from the dogs' perspectives.
08/06/10
I so agree with doing this into a childrens book. With a few revisions it would be perfect.Precious story. Love the last line. Blessings, Ruth
This is one of the best stories I've read. I so enjoyed the conversation and thoughts of the dogs. Outstanding!
Cute story--I love the conclusion.
08/09/10
How clever that the two dogs were the MC's in this piece. I agree with the others--this would make a great illustrated children's book that drives home the power of love.
As a dog lover, I really liked this one! I hope it places because it's so cute and so well written!
Aw, this makes me want to write another dog story! I loved Wooie :-)
08/11/10
I agree, this is one of the best stories this week. Not only did I love it that Louie saved Fern, I really liked the point you drove home with this well-written story.
08/12/10
Interesting read from quite a different perspective! I agree totally that in whatever we do, we should do it with our hearts (Colossians 3:23).
08/12/10
Yay for Louie! Love this story! Congratulations on your EC!!!
WOW... this is awesome! So glad it won first place. Well deserved. I'll be reading it to my kids for sure!
08/12/10
I love how you told this from the point of view of the dogs. Wonderfully written. Congratulations on the top dog spot your piece deserves!
08/12/10
Really loved this. I agree with everyone else. I had fun thinking about reading more of Louie and Beauregard's rivalry. Congratulations.
Congratulations on BOB again, delightfully earned. You plan on keeping that top spot? Happy dancin' with you!
Congrats on toping out this week Mona! Whoohoo! Great, great story and message
08/12/10
Wonderful story and I loved the characterisation of the dogs!
This is great! I like how you can tell Beauregard is a dog from the first sentence, without you ever telling us. And Wooie stole my heart. Congrats on your ec :)
Have only just got round to reading last week's Mona - this is truly great and a very very well deserved win! Wonderful story - I love Louie!