The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1186 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
07/29/10
I felt like I was right there in that small town squabble. Funny story, full of drama:)
07/29/10
I'd love to see these characters in a movie. What a riot! What a fun story, great title, and perfect ending!
07/30/10
Small-town USA at its best. Every state has these characters, right? I know we do.
Good writing.

Mona
Oh this was wonderfully fun to read. For some reason, I thought of Little House on the Prairie and Andy Griffith. I think it was because you described such a detailed scene I could easily see it playing out on one of my favorite old shows. Grumpy Old Men passed through my head too, but I like TV better than movies, but reading articles like this is the best of all!
A modern day telling of Matthew 7:3, in a fun way.
I loved this and your right...completely took me back to that endearing town of Mitford. I would most definitely like to see this become a novel!
08/03/10
Too much fun! The characters are so real and loveable. Great work, truly. Loved it.
08/03/10
Absolutely Mitford style - and I love those books! Twisted boxers (tee-hee)- hilarious. I love the MCs, the dialogue, the wives, and the ending best of all.
I totally thought of Mitford too! LOVE the last three lines!
08/05/10
Very interesting read! (",)
08/05/10
Funny story. George actually reminded me of Denise the Menace's George. I kept seeing his face while reading your story. Funny characters. Great ending with the ladies enjoying the view.
Congratulations for placing in the top 15 of your level and in the top 40 overall!