The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1845 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
11/12/09
I wondered where you were going with the purple. Love the ending. This little boy is so sweet. I really like this story.
11/12/09
A moving story—and I love the title.
11/14/09
So sweet and sad. Nice gentle touch with the purple topic.
A very, very, very special story written from a heart familiar, even from a distance, with the emotions your characters felt. Real, sincere, honest and memorable. You did excellent.
What a tender story, beautifully told. It sounded so authentic that I could hear/see everything. Purple tears...so creative and filled with depth.
11/16/09
Being a watercolorist - I know the "revelation" that tears can bring to a work of art - tender and touching, especially so when I imagine your own tears in this work of art ...
11/17/09
I got goosebumps!
11/17/09
The flow never missed a beat. Dialogue was real and the message came through clear. Great story!
11/18/09
Wow. Great story! (I'm wiping tears--there should've been a tissue warning on this! LoL) Really enjoyed this one.
Oh, so touching. I like your characters very much,and I love the fallen hero. Five stars from me.
11/18/09
Ahhh...so sweet and touching!
11/18/09
Oh... so lovely and heartbreaking! You chose the perfect title for this heart-felt tribute.
Glad to see you "back in the game" and with a simply lovely story.
Aww Joanne, this was a beautiful story.
I could see it being played out as I read it through my own tears.
01/01/10
I enjoyed the slow measured pace of this story. And what a great title!