The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1839 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/22/09
What an entry! Digs down really deep and pulls emotions from the reader. I love to read entries that say something life-changing...few do. This one does for sure. Children in Foster Care in our country are so much in need of loving, caring homes. I can't imagine toting your only belongings around in a black garbage bag, but I believe it's done. Shame!

Mona
10/22/09
I was pulled into this entry from the first sentence. This felt so real to me as it pricked at my senses. And the bottom line for these lost kids is simply--love. They crave it, need it and by command, we should give it. I expect to find this one in the high ranks.
10/22/09
I loved the imagery used in this story. The characters were brought to life in it and I loved the end.
Very compelling story and one could not but help to care for your MC and her ultimate outcome. You made her a sympathetic, vulnerable character, but one you felt was certainly redeemable. Thank goodness for people like Jordan and his wife who see this and act upon it.
Oooo, love this story. Well done. What a sweet thought to bring real suitcases for them. Almost made me cry.
Loved the realism. Your MC's big sister approach was believable. Nicely done.
10/27/09
A very realistic portrayal of a sad, ongoing situation for too many kids. I raised two of thoae kids for 8 years.
10/27/09
Oh, I just loved the ending--Perfect!! This story really tugged at my emotions. Great dialogue, believable characters, important insights. Very well-written!! :)
10/27/09
Wow... loved the ending! Heart-breaking and heart-warming combined!
10/28/09
Excellent story! You held my attention through to the end. I thought the appearance of suitcases was a lovely way to end the tale.
10/28/09
Wow...so touching! I love it!
10/28/09
The double meaning in your last sentence put a lump in my throat. Beautiful.
Mari- You did a really terrific job. Pulled the reader in from the very start with drama that kept me reading till the very end. Wonderful!
Love love love it!!! Especially the ending. Great characterization with Kenzie, and even little Anna who only had a bit part was brought to life.
10/29/09
It's so sad how many times this really happens. Masterful writing, as always:)
10/29/09
You nailed it, Mari! Very touching story....absolutely beautiful. Congrats on your number 9 placement!
10/29/09
WOO-HOO, MARITA!! :D Your wonderfully-written and heart-touching story totally deserves its E.C.!!
10/29/09
Congrats, Marita... I so happy to see this on the list. (I loved your husbands thought). :)