The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1295 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/18/09
This left me feeling sad for Sary--what a lonely, solitary life this sweet woman led.
10/21/09
WOW. Compelling story of a very strong character whose love was in Heaven awaiting her.
Was she lonely? I don't know. I would love to have known her.

Mona
10/21/09
Oh, this lady is precious! So sad, but endearing. I could really see the images you painted in this story.
10/21/09
What a bitter-sweet story.
Makes us feel deeply. Well done.
10/21/09
Wonderful character study, Betty! You're SUCH a good writer! I'm always, always staisfied after I read one of your stories.
A beautiful story! Perhaps Sary was lonely for a while, but I felt she came to terms with it and enjoyed living with the memories of her sweetheart, and the presence of her Lord. Her relatives certainly missed out on knowing a very special lady.
Your characterization is outstanding here. I can just see the old lady...clear into her heart.
It's such a tenderly written piece and you fleshed out Sary enough so I felt I'd known her for years. It's well-written stories like this that fill our library shelves, depicting rural America in such a deeply personal and endearing way. Very good job, my friend!