The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1243 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/09/09
I could relate to the mother in this story--one of my daughters dyed her beautiful blond hair and it came out a streaky magenta--looked like a halloween wig. We both hated it. The silly things we do as teens to "better" ourselves!
Cute story with a lovely message tucked inside.
heehee, purple is cute! I had a few brightly colored streaks on purpose, because it was fun and different, ah, but the things we put ourselves true just to be accepted by people that don't really matter. Nice message!
Interesting format! At first I didn't think I liked it, but it was very easy to follow - the characters are clearly defined by their dialog, plus I didn't get bogged down by punctuation or tags. I like the punch at the end; I was wondering what color it was! :)
10/14/09
This reminds me of the time my daughter tried to dye her hair blond. It turned a really ugly shade of green and I had to run out and buy the correct shade of L'oreal and dye it back again. I love teens so much, mainly because they're playing at being adults and mess up so bad. It doesn't turn me against them; I find it really endearing. These kids need our love. Thanks for sharing.