The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1377 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This is very tender and I liked the growing years as childhood waned but memories for each passing year fondly remembered. Very nciely written. I like this and the ending brought it all together. :0)
09/10/09
Liked the progression of this cute poem. Good rhyme and meter throughout as the child told her story.
The first word that comes to mind is cute; and then I think some more and I see an aging progression of knowledge until the ultimate wisdom is realized. I especially liked and know it must have been fun rhyming this particular stanza:" I liked being EIGHT in the Easter parade.
For a hat I wore Mother’s bright purple lamp shade"
09/13/09
A charming poem that will appeal to anyone who's now quite a distance away from childhood!
A great journey through childhood. Meter and rhyme are perfect (as ususal), and I love the end. Wonderful!
09/13/09
This was so fun, and perfectly constructed...I'd expect no less from you. Loved it!
I love this delightful poem, and the words of wisdom in the last stanza.
Creative entry. Loved seeing the memories of passing years. Well done.
09/14/09
Sweet. I was reminded of 'The End' by A A Milne:
But now I am Six, I'm as clever as clever.
So I think I'll be six now for ever and ever.
09/15/09
What can I say? Perfect! As always. I wish I lived closer, Mariane, I'd take lessons from you in rhyme and rhythm, as well as always having something on target and topic to enter in the challenges. You are a busy person with physical challenges, but that never stops you...You are #1 in my books...I loved your poem. Wish I could have been your childhood friend...Blessings!...Helen
Charming! I loved the lines about the streets being tarred. I can remember walking in the tar (don't remember burned feet, though), and my mother removing it with cold cream.

This was such a delight to read, with perfect rhyme and rhythm. Very well done.
09/16/09
So cute. Love this poem.
09/16/09
I loved looking back on childhood through your eyes, Marianne. Beautiful poem!
Very enjoyable! You either have a GREAT memory or wild creativity. Either way...great job!
With your outstanding creativity, as well as your delightful sense of humor, you never disappoint. I love this delightful poem!