The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1616 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
06/12/09
I LOVED the play on words using the name Phil...perfect! And to be honest, I loved this story. I'm not one for sci/fi/fantasy, but I really enjoyed reading this. It just held on to me until the finish and then I wanted to read more. Kudos to who ever you are. ; )
06/14/09
I really liked this; very clever and captivating. Well done!
06/14/09
A great title, and the story was not at all what I was expecting. I'm also not into this genre, but I managed to get my head around this one.
06/15/09
Aaahhh...so it's you--just had to find out. This is exquisite.
06/15/09
Some clever word play and a genre that I enjoy. My quibble would be that I couldn't quite work out if I was missing the point of the story.
06/15/09
Wow... this is a very interesting concept, like the first chapter of a novel. Now I want to know what happens next!
06/15/09
Sci-fi is so difficult to write properly but you make it seem simple. Wonderful character study.
Very creative take on the topic. Even I, who can't always understand sci-fi got yours!
Super creative take on the topic...liked the full-fool and your naming the character Phil. Great story. Well done!
06/16/09
This was a unique take on this week's topic. It was fun to read. Gotta love his name "Phil." Good work!
06/17/09
I've got a little bit of a liking for the sci-fi genre, and I really like this one. I can visualize the room and the two people and hear them talking. Empty/Full/Phil reminds me of a certain character on the later Star Trek series whose name I can't recall but who seemed adaptable and to have little in the way of a personality, just enough to be likeable.
Wonderful writing!
More please! I want to know more. I liked the word play with Phil and I liked how the story worked itself out. Clever and engaging.
06/17/09
OK. Spit it out...how do you fuel this imagination?
I think you would have to be a flautist?
Mona
06/24/09
I've never been a fan of science fiction, but this story held my interest from start to finish. You wrapped a good message around two simple words in a captivating way--thumbs up to you.