The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1781 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
06/04/09
What a lovely message tucked within this sweet story. Well done illustration on the topic.
06/04/09
What a great story for all of us to learn from. But rhubarb? Bluck;) lol
06/06/09
Very creative! Love the voice of the girl - very authentic.
06/08/09
Rhubarb jam - yummie. A very interesting story. Thanks for sharing. Colin
06/08/09
LOL, Yvonnne, we had kinda the same idea! Now I want some rhubarb pie.

Wonderful object lesson, endearingly written.
06/08/09
A beautiful lesson in kindness, nicely integrated with a cooking lesson. I've never tried rhubarb jam, but it sounds interesting! Well done.
06/08/09
Pass the buttered biscuits. Nice illustration.
Mona
06/08/09
Great idea, mingling the teaching opportunity with the recipe! This is very good.
06/08/09
Really loved the complexity of these two subjects side by side. What a great lesson for all of us, and a great view of God's perspective. Good job!
"Crunch! Pwah! Pwah! Yuck! "

Would that really be in quotes like the person is actually saying those words? I think that is a mistake. Just wondering.

Cute story.
06/09/09
Terrific parallel, the rhubarb and a bitterness of the heart.
06/09/09
Rhubarb is such a bitter plant all by itself; it's amazing what a little sugar can do! Love the object lesson in this, Vonnie. Teen sisters just never seem to get on with each other during those years at home--speaking from experience here.
Great take on the topic. Very well done.
06/11/09
I've never eaten rhubarb,but I really enjoyed your take this challenge. It was easy to feel like I was in the kitchen with grandma.
06/11/09
Loved this Vonnie - does the recipe really work too? My challenge to you is to submit this to Focus for their magazine for pre-teens...GRIN
06/11/09
Yes, the recipe is correct and works. Since it uses gelatin, you need to refrigerate it. (after opening)
06/11/09
Vonnie--wonderful story! My grandma made Rhubard Jam too (she used the candied orange slices). We loved it! Congrats on your highly commended AND your Editor's Choice!!!
06/11/09
Congratulations, dear Vonnie! This is WONderful!!!!